Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So, here we are

...twidding our thumbs, waiting and hoping for avenging furies to descend upon the Bush Administration.

While the intermission music plays, then, some quick points:

1) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad = business as usual.

Thank God we're not the only country that elects idiots. It's good to be the Great Satan again--for a while I was so confused about where I stood with the Muslim world, and the Islamic Republic of Iran in particular. When they elected Mohammed Khatami, things got really strange: Iran started calling me up, asking what I was doing, trying to get me to go to ice cream socials and movies. I have to admit I was loosening up a little, but then Mahmout Ahmadinejad breezed into town, and now I'm on familiar ground again. Cute poster, by the way. I've thought for a while that the Islamic Revolution could use a good graphic designer, and I'm glad that they've found one so that their appalling anti-Israeli (that is, anti-Jew) sentiments can be displayed as an attractive and well-composed poster suitable for framing. (But why is it in English?)

2) Someone seems to have taken that idea for a restaurant I had. A restaurant... of NINJA! Too bad that, apparently, it's terrible. Well, what do you know, mainstream liberal media?!? I'm going to give it six throwing stars... ON THIS BLOG.



Take that, R. W. Apple.

3) Hatred of media continues with the biggest nonstory I've ever seen. Our favorite conservative filipina talking head is flipping out about USA Today manipulating an image of Condoleeza Rice to make her appear "posessed." She does look mighty strange, but it's a bit of a leap from there to say that someone intentionally did it with the purpose of defacing her image. What would possibly be the gain from something like that? If you don't like Condoleeza's policies, you're not going to like them any more because someone touched up a photo; and if you like her, you're not going to be deterred by the fact that she seems a little extra intense. At any rate, if you want to see a spectacle closely akin to sticking a magazine picture of a steak up against a piranha tank, then watching 'em bounce off the glass, look no further than Michelle Malkin's blog.*

*PS: the fact that she criticizes the mainstream media for running nonstories about the Plame investigation in a nearby blog post only serves to add a delicious irony to the situation, with hints of vanilla and oak undertones.**

**PPS: for a really cheap shot at your friend and mine, go here and here. I laughed, but I stepped on a kitten once.

No comments: