If I'm not mistaken, the grand jury looking into the Plame Affair wraps up tomorrow, which means indictments all around. I've got twenty bucks each on Rove (please God), Libby, and Hadley. Double or nothing for Bush or Cheney as unindicted co-conspirators.
There are rumors that Cheney will be resigning very soon. For me this would be the ultimate victory, Cheney leaving the OEOB in disgrace to go back to his cushy private sector job. It's no secret that Cheney wields the real power in the West Wing. I believe his absence for the last couple months from day-to-day White House affairs is what led to the awful Katrina response and Harriet Miers. Cheney may be the sum of all things unholy in the universe, but he's actually, you know, able to make a decision on his own. Bush is just for show.
Cheney could never get elected on his own . Which is exactly why I hope to God that Cheney runs in 2008, if he remains unindicted. He'd be the worst Republican candidate in 70 years. He can't play to the base without looking likes he's passing gall stones. He's the prototypical crusty old millionaire white man running for President and his defeat in 2008 would usher in another 40 years of Democratic rule
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment