So Exxon has made $10 billion profit in one quarter. This is absolutely disgusting. Seriously, I'm sick to my stomach. Just because I'm a liberal doesn't mean I think companies shouldn't make gobs of money. My problem arises when that profit comes on the backs of the American people. Just like when Wal-Mart, which employees more people than live in the state of Alabama, steadfastly refuses any type of labor organization while requiring more and more from their workers and giving them less and less.
If oil companies are making that much money while gas prices are still so high at the pumps, it means somewhere along the stream of commerce, Americans are getting the shaft. The price increases at the pump are apparently very, very disconnected from the price of oil. This is Enron on a national level. This is the Faux California Energy Crisis all over America. Where's the outrage!?
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment