Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Lone Whistle

Vice President Cheney snuck into Iraq yesterday, took some questions and left. I know, big fucking deal.

My favorite part of that story is this line from an article in Forbes covering his trip:

"When he delivered the applause line, "We're in this fight to win. These colors don't run," the only sound was a lone whistle."

Apparently his mother must have been in the audience. I guess its hard to get respect when everyone knows that when it came time to go Vietnam, you "had other priorities."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one thing that bothers me about the fantasy of a Bush impeachment is that then Mr. Cheney would be president.

He also has the stage presence of a monitor lizard.

Anonymous said...

I know. For all the wonderful nights I've dreamed about hand-grenades hurtling towards the President, there are any equal number of nightmares featuring Dick Cheney with unbridled power. Luckily he'd be about as popular as Carson Kressly from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (who I would definetly vote for -- He'd make America FAAAABBBOULOUS!!!)