Monday, December 26, 2005

The Christmas gift I didn't get



NONE of you picked up on the fact that what I really wanted for Christmas was a can of live bees. None of you. I have been dropping hints about my desire to receive a can of live, humming, fiendishly angry bees with the fury of a thousand suns in their stingers and venom sacs, ready to give their lives to protect their precious honey for at least six months.

What does it take, huh?

PS: Apparently some people received these as workplace gifts. I can only imagine.

PPS: Merry Boxing Day and Happy Hanukkah, all.

PPPS: Also, as has been pointed out, it benefits the struggling American bee-canning industry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know i didn't get you canned bees? Isn't that the kind of present I would refrain from gifting you while you were unwell? Maybe if you exorcise your plague and come down to Washington I will give you some canned bees.

Anonymous said...

There were no canned bees. I could tell by your eyes.

Anonymous said...

That's cold. So cold.

Anonymous said...

Not as cold as your heart.

Anonymous said...

WHOA! Why would you say something like that to the person you want to marry? I don't know. Maybe my *brain* is cold too.

Anonymous said...

Are we still kidding? I thought we were, but now it's dark outside and I'm frightened. Hello?