Can they top these in 2006?
I'm not sure which my favorite is. For now, it's a tie between "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society" and "Bill Clinton 'was a very good rapist.'" This one's a close second: "I think we ought to nuke North Korea right now just to give the rest of the world a warning."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I harbor an extreme distaste for all of these people.
Does it seem to you that an inordinate number of these comments are made on talk radio? That stuff is poison.
See, this is my dilemma, though. How to deal with such people? It's as if one were to receive, on a daily basis, anonymous e-mails describing in vivid detail and wholesale glee an afternoon's exploits spitting on children and the elderly. We just don't share the same values system.
I'm going to answer my own question: Yes, they will top their statements.
I think you're dead on about talk radio. It's reminiscent of an earlier post of yours about internet message boards. They're ghettoizing themselves, and while you feel like you're obligated to go wading deep in the shit to bring them out, or at least to bring some light, you have no desire to get covered in the filth. You point out to them that their arguments are flawed and disgusting; they respond, I know you are but what am I. I don't think there's any way to deal with them, just a way to try to counterbalance them.
Post a Comment