Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sorkin's Next

This isn't an entertainment blog, but I'll post this nonetheless. I'm a huge Aaron Sorkin fan. For my money, he's the best American screenwriter this side of David Mamet or Tom Stoppard. He left the West Wing several years ago and the show immediately went downhill; only last year did the quality begin returning and now the show's been cancelled.

Sorkin's next television project is called Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip and it follows the goings-on at a Saturday Night Live-type sketch comedy show. That link is to the script for the pilot. Bottom line? It's good. Really good. If you want something immensely entertaining to read, check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as reading scripts, a perennial favorite of mine is William Gibson's rejected script for Alien 3. Read, and think on what might have been.

Anonymous said...

I'd never even heard that William Gibson had written a script for an Alien movie. Intriguing. I will certainly read it.