Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nits make lice

From a recent Ann Coulter appearance at Indiana University:
IU College Republicans President Shane Kennedy defended Coulter's comments by stressing that the speech was for entertainment and attendees should have expected Coulter to say controversial comments.

"I think the guy could have been more respectful to her," he said. "I mean, we already know that she was going to be controversial and she was just saying what people were thinking. If you are going to talk like you are gay, then Ann Coulter is going to call you gay. Of course, she said it in a spiteful tone, but it was expected."

Ms. Coulter as usual aside, I look forward to seeing Shane Kennedy as a bloated and corrupt congressman in 20 years. More willing to defend a bloviating talking head than a member of your own student body = Mr. Kennedy knows which side his bread is buttered on. I don't see him as a senator, though: a real political operator would have known to send an expendable flunky to make the openly homophobic statement. The IU College Republicans Undersecretary, for example, would have done nicely. B+, Mr. Kennedy.

BDK, you're right about the politician-growing process. Like vegetables, it is fertilized by excrescence.

No comments: