Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Converts


There are certain products, services, experiences, etc, that convert people. Once you try it, you become an outspoken booster of that product. Obviously, Apple is the prime example. But for me, Volvos have become a large part of my life since I bought my 1986 240 wagon, in beige. Today Josh pointed out that I've become a V8 zealot as well.

So my question: What other products can you think of that create converts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tivo! Once you have Tivo, watching television in real-time seems incomprehensible. Even if you watch very little television, it changes your life. Just being able to fast forward through commericals means I'll be a life-long Tivo user.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that too. I don't have it, but I don't have TV either. I used to use netflix, and I was a fan, but nowhere near the sort of love I have for Volvos or, more pertinently, folks seem to have for TIVO.

Anonymous said...

Firearms. I know a lot of people who hated the very idea of firearms until the moment they picked one up and pulled the trigger. It's fairly common knowledge among what I am pleased to call the firearms community (mostly anonymous internet boards, to be sure) that range trips for first-time shooters gain converts.

Anonymous said...

Sad to say, I'm kinda stumped. I've got basic stuff--email, AIM, the iPod (but not the rest of Apple products).

Oh, and crack.