Once again, Star Trek: The Next Generation has acurately forecast the future of our planet. In Episode #506, "The Game," Will Riker, vacationing on Risa, is given a game that becomes highly addictive. Upon his return to the Enterprise, he shares the game with his colleagues who also become addicted to the point of neglecting their duties. The game seems to give the Enterprise crew an orgasmic reward upon succesful completion. Alas, the game is merely a Kitarian plot to dominate the Enterprise crew and, eventually, the Federation.
How does this relate to our present, non-fictional world, you ask? One word: Sudoku. It's a Japanese game that is so addictive that since the last time I posted, I have dropped out of law school and now sleep in a bus station locker begging for spare change to purchase additional Sudoku puzzles. The money I garnered from selling my daughter only supplied me with 8 days worth of puzzles and I fear I will soon have to resort to common man-whoring to get my fix. Soon the puzzle will spread and the Kitarians will arrive to dominate our planet. (Note: They can't possibly be worse than Bush.)
Here's a link to a free web-site for Sudoku junkies. Josh, being of Asian ancestry, you're probably complicit in the Kitarian plot and will receive special privileges upon their arrival. Please think kindly of me when you are named Overlord of the Western Province of Virginia.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment