Monday, March 27, 2006

We Should Focus on All the Good News Coming Out of Iraq, Like the Schools

From the Washington Post:

"Their visit came as more violence was reported across Iraq, including a terrifying incident earlier in the week in the western city of Ramadi. On Wednesday, armed insurgents burst into the classroom of Khidhir al-Mihallawi, an English teacher at Sajariyah High School, accused him of being an agent for the CIA and Israeli intelligence and beheaded him in front of his students, according to students, fellow instructors and a physician at a local hospital.


Wait, did I say "good news"? I meant, "that's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot of vital CIA intelligence-collecting activities being directed towards the high school classrooms of Sajariyah High, then?

In part, what aggravates me about these killings, in addition to the senseless brutality, wanton waste, and bloodthirsty rapaciousness (in addition!) is the sheer stupidity of the charges. I think a simple "We don't like you" might have sufficed. I just hate to think of anyone for whom that charge would actually have been a sufficient, believable justification.

Anonymous said...

Let's just say that Sajariyah High will never be confused with Bayside from Saved by the Bell. (Unless you count the episode where Zack cuts off Mr. Belding's head in front of the school because 2,000 years ago a Belding offended the Morris Clan in such an egregious way that a blood feud has trickled down through the centuries and, once Bayside became a lawless place, the duty fell on Zack to revive his family's honor by drinking from the decapitated neck of a Belding. That was my favorite episode.)