Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm generally suspicious of chanting.

The funniest sentence I've read today:

Some mosques in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad, where Bush will visit Friday, have already unfurled banners protesting his arrival and plan to chant verses from the Quran in hopes that it will drive him away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will there be a counterchant?

Anonymous said...

That chanting might successfully drive me away from St. Meinrad Archabbey. What with a Reapeat Listenability rating of 1.8. That's crap. And an Energy Intensity rating of 2.6? It's like why even bother! I'm sure energy level of the folks in Hyperabad will be a strong 4.5 to 5. That's a damned chant.

Anonymous said...

In all my years of political opposition to George Bush, I believed I had used every weapon in my arsenal for my fight against him and everything he believes. Now I know I was wrong. I left out the crucial and, potentially devastating, weapon of yelling at him in song. Where has this been all my life?

Anonymous said...

Gus, if chanting the Koran doesn't work, you should try making a circle of brick dust around your house. That should keep him out.