W&L sent me a recruiting thing, and I liked it. I'm not going to apply there, though. I'm particularly interested in using the law as an entry to urban planning and policy, since the law governs those fields. Planners propose; lawyers dispose. That's how I see it. (Of course, having the flexibility a law degree affords is very attractive.)
That said, I don't really have a top choice. I spoke to a few lawyers who deal with urban stuff to get their advice. They didn't think that there was any one school that was any better than the others in terms of land use issues, that it takes hard work to make it work that way, and that school reputation, for better or worse, matters.
Here are my 10:
- Columbia
- Georgetown
- Harvard
- NYU
- Northwestern
- Penn
- Stanford
- UT-Austin
- UVA
- Yale
No comments:
Post a Comment