All that aside, I did want to chuck an egg at an anecdote wholly worthless for judging Alito's fitness for the second-highest court in the land,* but amusing as a jab at Princetonites and their ilk:
David Grais '72, who roomed with Alito for three years at Princeton, said they were both "too studious for [their] good." But he, too, experienced his roommate's lighter side.O! 'Tis a charming diversion, Throckmorton.
"One of our other roommates pulled some practical joke on Sam, which I do not remember," Grais said in an email. "The other guy drank scotch-on-the-rocks every night. Sam retaliated by putting salt in the water used to make ice cubes in the refrigerator in our room. The other guy went through a full bottle of terrible-tasting scotch before realizing that his ice cubes had been sabotaged."
*Did that get your hackles up? If so, congratulations! You have fallen into my cunning trap.
1 comment:
I am also not flipping out over Alito. I just don't see what the big deal is, he is actually quite sane compared to some of the other possible nominees. He's probably less crazy than Clarence Thomas. The only problem I've seen with him so far is that he's a typical man: "What's the big deal about a woman having to inform her husband before she has an abortion?" If it wasn't a big deal for her, say if he is abusing her, then she would just fucking do it without the government telling her how to run her marriage. Typical white male dumbass.
Post a Comment