You know, I even looked at that one because it triggered something deep within the recesses of my brain--but I couldn't put two and two together. Frankly, I think wedding announcements and obituaries are only valuable for the publication of outrageous lies. For example, if I were to get an announcement for my planned nuptials in the NYT, it would probably be something more like
Mr. Loh, 24, is a space ninja for Lunar Outcomes, Inc. His father, retired Shogun Toyotomi Hideyoshi, ruled Japan with an iron fist from 1591-1598. Mrs. Loh, 24, provides technical support for Journey and is an accomplished welder. Her parents, President and Mrs. John F. Kennedy, were the first Americans to set foot on Mars. The couple plan to honeymoon in Greenland, as Mr. Loh is an avid lemming golfer.
That sort of thing.
In fact, I may well send a more plausible version to the St. Anns times. I bet they publish pretty much anything.
Monday, September 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment