Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sam

Wow, I haven't thought about Sam in a while. He was pretty much the lone guy who was too weird for St. Anns. Although, for all I know he could be well on his way to fame and riches by now. Either Sam's gotten a lot better looking or you've started growing a Bob Dylan. Ten years is a long time. Obviously, some of us are getting married, some of us are incredibly silly people, and I'm pretty sure at least one of us is now dead.

I would have liked to have taken Chinese as well, and for much the same reasons. If you find a good diplomacy game, let me know. This is the next big thing I'm surreptitiously thinking about getting involved in. I know, it's like nerd crack--but it sounds a little too good to pass up. Like being one of those people who lived through the Sixties but never marched on anything.

I've been discussing world events with a friend of mine at the law school, and I have resolved upon two future activities:

1) Tell the fable of The Scorpion and the Frog more often. For no reason.

2) Whenever challenged on any aspect of American foreign policy by non-Americans, make a horizontal motion across my chest with my hand and say, "It is our way. You would not understand." When they resume criticism, accuse them of not respecting our traditional American beliefs of liberty and fossil fuels for all. (Turnabout is fair play! I don't have to be logical--if it's custom.)

No comments: