Saturday, September 24, 2005

Jane Austen, diplomacy

I dodged just about all the classics at St. Ann's (after the Greek ones). Never read Faulkner, King Lear, Clockwork Orange (for class, at least), Dickens, Hawthorne, Austen, either Bronte, or the Aeneid while I was there. Unlike you, I don't think I knew how to write at that point, either. (I've looked over essays from my freshman year of college--painful. I like to think I've improved, but I also can imagine looking back a few years on at now and cringing.)

On the other hand, I've seen numerous Jane Austen adaptations and frankly enjoyed them.

As for the game, the only interesting feature to me is single-player mode. It's hard to round up 7 people! Once you do, though, there's no need to pay for a program to run the game. (See online judges here.) Dammit--now I'm getting the itch to play again.

No comments: