They want to raise the price of stamps AGAIN! Didn't it just go up to 39 cents like last week? Now they want 42 cents. Bastards, its just take, take, take. They're like the oil companies but without the necessary evil.
Here's a link.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jeez, I just bought a bunch of 39 cent stamps. Won't the natural response be to mail fewer letters, thus forcing the post office to charge more, etc.?
Here it comes...
The postal service has a legally enforced monopoly.
Only Wal-Mart and the DOD employ more than the USPS. And since many of Wal-Mart's employee's are under 18 (and many are just above, in demographic groups unlikely to vote), I would not be surprised if the USPS has more voters.
I am actually shocked that the postal service does as good a job as it does considering its structure.
Nevertheless, I feel unbelievably fortunate I have access to email and do not have to rely on the postal service. Rent-seeking monopolists (my harshest insult).
Post a Comment