Verdict: Awesome. I talked two of my friends at the law school into buying these--when will wisdom come, O Lord? Every time I make a Nerf purchase, it turns out someone else has had the same thought and is of a slightly more ruthless nature. The sort of ruthless nature that will enable someone to callously wait in ambush, Nerf in hand. Yes, you, Nemcosky.*
The N-strike is much like an old single-action revolver in function; a rotating central cylinder storing six darts, requiring the spring action to be recocked after every shot by pulling back the gray tab. Rapid fire can be achieved by "fanning" the tab much like a gunslinger of the Old West, from the hip.
This is a fairly significant leap forward in Nerf technology, in my opinion, from the early days in Brown's Keeney Quad. Fond as I was of the double-barrel air pump Nerf, the Maverick allows one to lay down a respectable barrage. I'm giving serious thought to having a Nerf fight at the wedding reception, maybe after teh in-laws leave. Not that they haven't seen me make a bigger ass of myself already, but I'm trying to minimize the overall level of assery I expose them to.
Effective range is about 15 feet, per usual for Nerf. I can't believe someone hasn't tried to ban these yet, they're so much fun. Surely some dumbass kid has shot himself in the eye, or choked to death on a suction cup by now. And at a price of about $8, there's no reason in the world not to pick one up.
In conclusion: no wonder they don't make laser tag anymore.
* And Jordan.**
** And Ryan and Sara.
No comments:
Post a Comment