Last weekend at the White House Easter Egg roll (which was surprisingly gay this year -- and by that I mean a bunch of gay people were invited) a group of "Katrina Kids" sang a song to Preznit Bush that included the following lyrics:
“Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!”
Now, I don't know who wrote this 'song', but I'm certain it wasn't the children involved. Somebody used those poor kids as a political prop to make the President appear as if he both cared about people in Louisiana and is actually doing something about.
Neither of those things is true and somebody should call him on it.
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/17/katrina-song/
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment