Imagine my surprise when, in reading about early pike-and-musket warfare (you know, like you do) on Wikipedia, I came across a fantastic story that citizens of a certain European nation had once killed, mutilated, and eaten their head of state.* Now, for those of you playing along at home, what late-seventeenth-century European nation would participate in cannibalism? Post your guess in the comments thread, then click for the answer. Looking back at the rest of this post, I've already given you a very oblique clue.
If I was an editorial writer, I would make some further point here at length about the evolution of political mechanisms and the law as removing the necessity to resort to self-help, but as it's two days before finals I must, alas, decline the invitation. I want you to visualize it in your mind, though.
*The cause, depending on what source you believe, was either a political conspiracy or falling property values.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm going to guess the Austro-Hungarians. Get it? Hungarians? Ha.
Oh my God. Josh, now I see why you're marrying her.
Can't let that get away. Even though our kids will be unbearably punny.
Puny, but quick-witted and deadly with a katana. Let's just hope they get Tracy's looks so that the great river of your genes may flow onward.
Post a Comment