Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To meddle in the government of society and to speak about it is the greatest business and, so to speak, the only pleasure that an American knows.... An American does not know how to converse, but he discusses; he does not discourse, but he holds forth. -ADT
4 comments:
See, I saw the title, and my first thought was, "Liszt can't be president, can he? He's a Hungarian. Oh, and dead. Probably should have listed that first."
I think you got the order right. I don't see where the Constitution says explicitly that a dead person's ineligible, just where it says explicitly that a foreign-born person is.
I dunno--is a dead person still a legal entity? They can't vote, for example.
You and your real world arguments. Let's just stick to the four corners of the text, shall we? And in 1787.
Post a Comment