"The hypocrite, the liar, you can buy him out, corrupt him. You have to kill the true believer."
HLS profs sometimes make salient real world points, even in classes about the 19th century.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To meddle in the government of society and to speak about it is the greatest business and, so to speak, the only pleasure that an American knows.... An American does not know how to converse, but he discusses; he does not discourse, but he holds forth. -ADT
3 comments:
What class is that?
The interesting thing is, sometimes it's hard to tell who the true believer is, and who the hypocrite is. I've been reading a lot of this blog recently, and I think the author is correct to express wonderment that these days that Martin McGuinness and Ian Paisley are now "opening IKEA stores" together. IKEA; now there's a movement for world peace.
Race Relations Law: From Slavery to Reconstruction. I find it shockingly/depressingly/impressively relevant. Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.
No, there isn't.
Post a Comment