Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Really?
I'll admit I don't know a lot about Geraldine Ferraro. What I do know is that if she was on meds in the past, she's off them now. And she needs them, badly; delivered by 500 milligram blowgun dart to the neck if necessary. If she honestly believes that Barack Obama is in the place he is in now primarily because of his race as identified by his skin color--not because of his intelligence, drive, law degree, personal connections, personal charisma, or gender, but because of his skin color--she is a racist and it is no use to deny it. Complaining that she is now being attacked primarily because she is white, rather than because her statement makes no rational sense, is similarly a race-based explanation for her disfavorable treatment, and thus, unless I miss my guess, also racist. And complaining that her former vice presidential candidacy was primarily based upon her gender? This is where I totally lose the thread, and the narrative tips from racist political assault to sheer insanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment