Saturday, July 01, 2006

Shocker!


1) The Tour de France has been rocked by a doping scandal.

2) It's not Lance Armstrong.

3) Apparently, it's everyone but Lance Armstrong.

4) Wha-at?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part about EPO is if you take too much your blood becomes so thick with red blood cells that your heart has trouble pumping it.

Anonymous said...

Whenever sports doping is discussed, it always makes me think of this Monty Python sketch:

Frankly, if turning yourself into a steroid were-creature is what it takes to win the Tour de France, I say cyclists should knock themselves out. It's not like other professional sports don't destroy your body, and there seem to be plenty of people willing to make the tradeoff in exchange for athletic endorsements. I would have been a wonderful ancient Roman.

"I don't see why they have to give the gladiators swords. If I want to see a man eaten by a lion, it's my own business."

But really now. Jan Ulrich takes drugs which may cause debilitating cardiac problems in his old age, and I get to see exciting competitive cycling. It seems like a fair trade to me.