Former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani of New York mocked Mr. Obama for, he said, avoiding discussion of the Sept. 11 attacks and advocating taking the Russian invasion of Georgia to the United Nations Security Council.I can't stand this shit. And I know that the next thing they'll do now that The Times called them on it is simple: call the media biased. (Ok, I exaggerate, a little.) To repeat: I can't stand this shit.“Apparently, none of his 300 foreign policy security advisers told him that Russia has a veto power” in the Council, Mr. Giuliani said, skipping over the fact that after the bombing began, Mr. Bush’s secretary of state spent days helping draft a Security Council resolution on the subject. (Source)
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Summary
This pretty much sums up why I loath the GOP right now and think I would vomit if I watched any of their despicable, hypocritical, shameless convention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1) Good to see you in Seattle, man! That was a lot of fun. And they had Spinal Tap in the Music Experience!
2) I agree, the Republican National Convention is sickening. Even if they weren't trying to pretend that they were running against an amorphous, evil "Washington" rather than where they've been in power for the last eight years, their quest to find some way to tear down Barack Obama is deeply saddening. It's the difference between lies and bullshit, as Harry Frankfurt had it: in lying one believes that there is an objective truth and tries to obfuscate it. In bullshitting, you don't really care whether what you're saying is true or not, as long as it serves your purpose. It's back to the we-can-fashion-our-own-reality mentality of the pre-Iraq invasion world. This country just has to decide whether we can sustain four to eight more years of a non-reality-based government.
1) Good to see you, too! I wish they had the oral history stuff online.
2) I don't think it's any coincidence that McCain's campaign is now run by Bushies. Talk about selling out....
Post a Comment